Where to BUY a Home? Top Reason to go Suburban
The battle over deciding whether to buy a home in the suburbs or within an urban city centre is a debate that plagues many prospective homebuyers… Here are some reasons one area may be more suited to your needs over the other
There are a lot of weird biases against the suburbs
1. Buy the BEST for – generally you will get more square footage for less than it will cost in the city. Why buy a two bedroom cramped condo in the city when you can have a three bedroom home with a garden in the suburbs? Young families need affordable space – and the suburbs offer that!
2. Safe Environment – statistically, the suburbs are safer. Chances are you will know everyone on your block, something that doesn’t often happen in the bustle of the city. Knowing that the neighbors will watch the house when you are away, or feed the cat – well that’s something money can’t buy!
3. Good schools – For parents, this can mean all the difference when it comes time to buy. Schools tend to be newer, with more amenities, and better access to the outdoors including playing fields and playgrounds. Classes are less crowded – and that means more attention paid to your children!
4. Relaxed shopping – yes, that’s true! With a mix of big box shopping, boutiques, and everything else, you’ll be able to find everything you need, without the hassle of finding a parking spot, AND having to pay for it!
5. More outdoor activities – you’ll generally find more parks, community centres, and ice rinks, not to mention pools and golf courses.